The April meeting of the RRPA has been moved to Saturday, April 27th at 4:00pm. This meeting will be a general get together and BBQ held at Rebecca Moore's studio at the 4 way intersection in Oak Ridge, MO. The club will be providing pulled pork and hotdogs, with the members will need to bring a dish or dessert. We will also provide drinks such as iced tea and lemonade, so if you want something else to drink, please BYOD. Bring you camera and we can play around in the Oak Ridge area getting some neat shots. Please let me know what you are going to be bringing, and if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (573) 225-6593. Family and friends are welcome. Please find below the minutes from the March meeting, with info about the field trip and the Challenge.
- Meeting began at 6:40 at the Cape Public Library.
- April’s meeting will be held at Rebecca Moore’s new studio in Oak Ridge. It is located at the only stop sign intersection in Oak Ridge.
- This will be our anniversary celebration and picnic. Meat will be provided so please bring a dish. Gathering will begin at 4:00pm.
Respectfully submitted by
Jacki Glastetter, Secretary
- There are lots of springtime activities for photographers this month.
- Mingo will have a wild flower walk thru on 4/13 from 10-11 a.m.
- Club activity photo shoot will be at Pinecrest Azalea Gardens near Oak Ridge on Sat 4/13. You may want to arrive as early as 6:37 for sunrise photos. The Gardens will be open from March thru mid May.
- Dan B. informed us that he has enrolled in a Smokey Mtn’s photography workshop from 4/19-22. Contact Dan for more info. Or GSMIT.org website
- If you have any ideas for field trip destinations or to increase participation, just drop us a line at the next meeting, on our website or call our trusty Pres. Dan B.
- April’s photo challenge “Spring Has Sprung”
- Dan has an idea of pairing up club members with those with like cameras or people who could mentor inexperienced or experienced members to improve their work. If you are interested in this, just drop Dan B a note. This is just in the beginning stages.
- As always, your are welcome to talk to Aaron Horrell about renting photo space at his Painted Wren Gallery on N. Main street. They are open at various times and always on the first Friday evening of the month. No other photo displays are scheduled at this time.
- At the closing of our meeting Dan gave a brief presentation of how to affix your photos to foam board as a cheaper way to display your photos. Bill Brennan also gave a slide show of his recent trip to the great land of Canada to photograph the elusive snowy owls. GREAT PHOTOS
- Meeting adjourned at 8:45. SEE YOU AT THE APRIL BBQ