1. The RRPA will be sponsoring a BBQ on Saturday, Sept 13th, 2pm at Cape County Park South, Shelter 23 across from the colorful playground (that is what my daughter calls it). We are checking on having it catered with some of the best damned fried chicken ever (or so I am told) and possibly BBQ pulled pork. More info to come, but save the date.
2. It is time for the Third Annual RRPA Photo Contest. The themes have been widened so that more photos can be included. This year's themes will be:
- Black & White
- Open category to include anything that you don't feel fits into one of the above categories.
Photos are due by the end of the September meeting, on Thursday, Sept 25th. 2 photos per category allowed, for a total possible of 12 submitted. Judging will be done hopefully on September 27th. Judges will be invited from members of the local photographic community. Criteria for judging the photos will be:
- Relevance of subject matter to the category
- Correct exposure, focus, color balance, and any other proper photographic technique
- Is the photo composed optimally
- Is the subject of the photo obvious
- Is the photo presented optimally (horizon lines straight, no distracting objects in background, best use of depth of field [IE: Shallow focus to blur background on a shot of a flower, or deep depth of field on a landscape shot of the Rocky Mountains...], properly placed subject in a backlighting situation, good technique on a motion-blur shot of a race car...)
Good luck to all members. If you have a question, please contact Dan at 225-6593
3. The next meeting of the RRPA will be on August 28th, 6:30pm at the Cape Library. If you have something that you would like to present on, please contact Dan. It is your club, so please feel free to add your voice to the meeting.